My traditional compilation, after the second full year in my new home and home township.
Once again, due to many (expensive) house projects, we did not travel.
- New life birds: None.
- Total life birds: #1100. No change.
- Total ABA-area birds: 579. No new species this year.
- Total state birds: 315. A Western Kingbird showed up a few miles from home. We found out as we arrived home after running a lot of errands, and (to give you an idea of how little I chase birds anymore) I took a nap instead of going to see it with Kingfisher. It hung around, and I saw it the next day.
- Wayne County: 265. New species this year was Wild Turkey (finally).
- Total Dearborn birds: 226, new was Glaucous Gull.
- Total birds at work: 197, that Glaucous Gull was there.
Home county– as I’m catching up here, I won’t start annotating these lists for a year or so.
- Total birds, Washtenaw County: 217
- Total birds in my home township of Lodi Township: 164
- Yard birds: 141; my better half has seen more species, so the yard list is actually 156. After 16 years, our yard list in Dearborn was 138.