This tradition is now probably just for me, and my 3 remaining readers!
I took two international trips this year: one to the central highlands of Nicaragua, my second time in this area (you can read about the highlights here and here), and the other a quick trip to Honduras. Also a business trip to California, but no time for birding.
- New life birds: 25. Most were from the Nicaragua trip. The last one was Chestnut-colored Woodpecker (Celeus castaneus) in Honduras.
- Total life birds: 1098.
- Total ABA-area birds: 579. No new species this year.
- Total state birds: 312 (new this year was Brant).
- Total birds in my home county: 263 (new: Lapland Longspur, Brant, Rufous Hummingbird, Short-eared Owl). I had 186 species this year.
- Total city birds: 223 (new species this year: Lapland Longspur, Ross’s Goose, Barred Owl). I saw 160 this year.
- Total birds at work: 195. Nothing new this year.
- Yard birds: 136. Nothing new this year.
Happy New Year.